McLean Crew Club Parents:
A few quick items for January:
1) January Membership Meeting - Wednesday January 17th, 7:30pm in the Lecture Hall - Coach's Update, Mulch Madness
2) Yorktown Relays, Sat. Feb 3rd. It's an indoor erg competition with several local crew teams. Register and pay the day of the event. More information regarding time and cost will follow.
3) Register for ErgSprints if you haven't already done so. Event is Feb 17-18 but the registration deadline is January 31st.
4) McLean Crew Club had a FANTASTIC showing at the W-L Triathalon this past weekend! Congrats to all participants for your hard work. Each category was won by a McLean rower!
Jacob Hilliard, winner in the Boys (Experienced) group
(also in the top 10: Liam A'Hearn, Paul Fabrycky and Henry McCarthy)
Lauren Benedict, winner in the Girls (Experienced) group
(also in the top 10: Taylor Mooers, Melissa Kazanci and Hannah Mason)
Braden Barnett, winner in the Boys (Novice) group
(also in the top 10: Matthew Hilliard, Ryan Shue, Miles Wilson, Samir Chowdhury and Will Mandanas)
Taylor Benedict, winner in the Girls (Novice) group
(also in the top 10: Amanda Pardo, Charlotte Grose, Emily Luigs, Juliet Barrera, Megha Rana, Emma Campbell and Carter Duncan)
5) OK everyone…you know what time it is?????
…..IT’S ERG-A-THON TIME!!!!
Saturday is forecast to be 52F, mostly sunny skies… and a UV index of only 2!! Can you think of better conditions to be erg-ing in the natural beauty of the McLean Giant Shopping center?? I know, me neither!
In addition to the weather, some points to foot-stomp for both parents and rowers:
ARRIVE EARLY!! You are responsible for being checked-in and ready to sit-down on the erg at exactly the beginning of your shift.
Rowers have ALREADY BEEN ASSIGNED time slots for the 20th. If you don’t know when you are supposed to be there, please 1) check email attachment; 2) contact me (Brett).
THANK YOU to the 23 rowers who have already meet or exceeded the $300 Winter Fundraising commitment!! Please see the attached Fundraising Report showing the latest results for all winter fundraising. Remember according to the membership agreement, any shortfall of the $300 Winter Fundraising requirement is due January 24th.
I will be at the Lecture Hall on TUE and THU (16 and 18 Jan) to collect money and pledge sheets. On both days I will be there 4:30-5:30PM.
I will also be collecting money on WED evening (17 Jan) at the parent meeting.
I WILL NOT collect money on SATURDAY.
No money = no row.
The prizes for farthest distance rowed will be unveiled at the parent meeting – so remember to make your 30-minute erg shift count!
Any Erg-a-thon questions? Please contact: Brett Korade email@example.com 703.321.6994
McLean Crew Club