1) First off, apologies for this morning's practice snafu. A 9AM start is still the plan for Friday 12/29, to coincide with basketball so we can get into the building. For 12/30 it is our usual Saturday schedule. Veteran boys that report at 8AM Saturday should dress appropriately for an outdoor workout.
2) W & L TRIATHLON Jan 13th- Register ASAP please! Deadline is technically January 8th but W&L would appreciate people registering sooner so they can plan: https://www.mcleancrew.org/triathlon
3) ERG SPRINTS & INDOOR ROWING CHAMPIONSHIPS Feb 17/18- Save $10 if you complete early registration by 12/31. Standard registration is January 1-31st, with a price increase.
What is Erg Sprints? For 30 years Erg Sprints has been a way to break up the indoor training of Winter with a little competition. There are short distance sprints, 2K's, timed rows, rowing a marathon or half-marathon, and relays. There are even events for kids 5-12 and parents. We had several entries in the parent/rower relay last year, with a 1-2 finish and medals for 2 of the pairs. We also had several rowers win medals in their events.
What's new this year? Erg Sprints is combined with Indoor Rowing Championships, so expect a larger crowd and it takes place over 2 days instead of one. Don't wait till the last minute to register.
Saturday 2/17 Events: Junior (under 19) 2K rows, youth 500m sprints and Relays (including parent/rower relays)
Sunday 2/18 Events: Junior (Under 19) 20-minute events
a) Rower should find out from coach which event(s) to register for. That will determine which days you should plan to be there.
b) Rower registers at: https://www.regattacentral.com/ - previous rowers should already have an account, new rowers should create one
c) Make sure your account is affiliated with McLean Crew Club
d) You can fill in Club Point of Contact for the Race Day as Nate McClafferty 7032200474
e) If you want a t-shirt it's easiest to order it during registration
f) Everyone should be current with their US Rowing Waiver, after completing MCC registration. A few of you joined in Jan/Feb last year and will need to renew and resign the waiver.
g) If you're in the market for an erg, you can put down a deposit during registration to buy one of the competition ergs.
For you new rowers and parents, this is your introduction to Regatta Central- where you can go to find schedules, and when it's regatta season the heat sheets will be posted there.
4) FINGERPRINTING (if you don't have a current badge and plan to volunteer as a bus chaperone)
Forms HR 3 & 8 due Jan 5th; and fingerprint packet should be brought in person at time of fingerprinting. We scheduled a group session for Jan 12th 9-10am in the Lecture Hall, see web page for alternatives.
Information at: https://www.mcleancrew.org/bus-chaperone-registration
5) Don't forget Ergathon is Jan 20th! Everyone should have received their form for tracking donations. Please review email dated December 22 with all the details and contact Brett Korade with questions or to find out the minimum you'll need to collect. Thank you to all who signed up to assist the event.
6) Next MCC Membership meeting is Wednesday, January 17th, 7:30pm MHS Lecture Hall
Winter is almost as busy as spring for MCC. Thanks for your prompt attention to these matters.